Bowling
Baby chicks!
Parker's rough motorcycle-riding face
Chicken Festival... yep, we are definitely on the Eastern Shore! I was a little nervous going to this because it would be just me with 3 kids. The kids were absolutely wonderful! Seriously, I was amazed. I sat them down beforehand and tried to explain how things would be and that they would need to be patient with me. I didn't really think that would work! Parker and Riley did a great job with their chores in the morning so I had told them that they could go on some of the rides when we got to the festival. When we got there, I realized that the cheapest ride was $3, so just for each of them to go on two little rides would be $12. This is exactly why we normally don't do fair rides because they are such a rip off! Anyway, they had already been looking forward to it, and they had been such good kids that I knew I had no choice. They deserved to ride the rides. No sooner had I stepped up to the counter to purchase 8 tickets, than a woman walked up to me and handed me exactly 8 tickets. They were leaving and had tickets left over and were just giving them away. Wow, really?? So we were all able to enjoy the rides. :) There was also a kiddie corner put on by the YMCA with little games for the kids, and a tent with baby chicks to look at and hold. The Festival was held in the parking lot of the mall, so when we were done outside, we went into the mall to the play area. We hadn't been there too long when a little bit of a fight broke out between two moms there and mall security had to come over and talkto everyone. Needless to say, we didn't stay there very long!
No comments:
Post a Comment