For Thanksgiving this year, we decided to rent out the clubhouse in our apartment complex and have one big group dinner. We had five families in all plus the missionaries, for a total of 13 adults, and 5 kids. We had a lot of really yummy food. I don't know that I've ever really cooked for Thanksgiving before. Last year, I may have made one or two dishes to contribute, but nothing like this year. I had a really great time in the kitchen just watching the Macy's Parade and making rolls, corn pone, pretzel salad, pumpkin trifle and cheesy carrots. Usually these type of things really stress me out, but I was unusually calm and actually able to enjoy it. After our feast, we played some fun games (guesstures and animal passing sign game), visited and cleaned up. It really was a great day.
P.S. Our Wedding Anniversary happened to fall on Thanksgiving this year, so we celebrated Wednesday night by going out to eat at Outback Steakhouse. We did get this question from a couple of different people, "You got married on Thanksgiving??" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment