Saturday, December 4, 2010

Craft Night

Mickelle with a finished reindeer ornament
Michelle decorating one of her trees
All 24 of my trees
With preparation for final exams upon us, and husbands having to stay late at school to cram in extra study time, we thought the girls would get together this past week and have a Christmas Craft night. (It didn't exactly work out that way because the guys ended up coming home anyway, and then watching the kids...Oh well!) We made Felt Reindeer ornaments, Christmas Magnets, and a Christmas Tree Advent Calendar. We may never be "allowed" to have another craft night again because it literally took us ALL NIGHT! The idea is that you put a treat, idea for an activity, or scripture inside the tree, and each day the child picks a tree and does or eats whatever is inside that particular tree. It was a lot of fun, but I definitely don't think I will make the Christmas tree advent calendar one of our traditions. It took forever!

2 comments:

  1. It did take forever. Hence the look on our faces. Oh, and Michelle and I look more like Valentines day then Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete