This past friday our ward had a chili cook-off. I made a creamy white bean chili (I got the recipe from my sister-in-law, Melanie) which I personally thought was pretty tasty, but apparently, nobody else did. I also attempted to make cinnamon rolls. Never trust a cinnamon roll recipe that calls for cake mix. They were still pretty good, but they did not look pretty, and they tasted more like cake (big surprise) than a cinnamon roll. Anyone else find the combination of chili and cinnamon rolls odd? That's how they do it here in Nebraska.
Jojo the Bachelorette — Week 1
10 years ago
oh that's too bad no one else liked it! Maybe it's not a midwest thing. My friend, Britany, made it for her ward cook off in North Carolina and won. I think different places like different things.
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys! Scarlett still calls Autumn 'Baby Riley' half the time and asks about Parker. So glad you are coming to Utah!
See, you should have stuck with my award-winning recipe :) (although I like Melanie's recipe, too)
ReplyDeleteYour chili was my favorite - Ariel and I voted for it twice, whether or not that was legal.
ReplyDelete