Due to the recent move and Cassidy just starting his new job this past Tuesday, he wasn't able to get time off for his birthday yesterday. He worked from 10:30-7:00, but then he would still have an hour to drive before arriving home, making it to late to go out and do something. I decided to try and find an activity in Omaha to surprise Cassidy with. Lucky for us, I discovered that the annual "Shakespeare on the Green" Festival was going on through today with a showing of "Two Gentlemen of Verona" playing last night. (I realize that this may not seem exciting to most, me included, but anybody that knows Cassidy well knows that he really enjoys his Shakespeare!) So, we picked Cassidy up from work, grabbed a pizza from Little Caesars and went to the park where the show was playing. Unfortunately, I soon found out that Cassidy happens to not be familiar with this particular work from Shakespeare, so it was a little bit harder to follow and understand what was going on. (Especially since we were so far back from the stage) The place was absolutely packed! When we parked (10 minutes prior to the start), the parking attendant told us to get out our binoculars because people had been there as early as 4 hours before to stake out their spots. Whoops! At least I picked a popular venue, right? Oh well, we still had an enjoyable time, and the kids were great during the show. We also were able to see some of the campus at the University of Nebraska, Omaha. I think Cassidy would say that the evening was a success!
Jojo the Bachelorette — Week 1
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment