Saturday, July 6, 2013

Despicable Me 2 Day












 Home Depot offers a free kids workshop the first Saturday of every month.  The theme this month was Despicable Me 2.  The kids built a car which they could paint blue, and then put stickers on showing the minions driving the car.  It is always a little tricky for me going to these events because it is usually just me with Parker and Riley and they both need quite a bit of assistance, so it gets a little crazy.  And I am really not that handy myself! I love how they feel afterwards though knowing that they made the project and feeling so proud of themselves.  So, eventually, both projects were completed and no one hammered their hand, or hammered a nail into their hand, so overall, it was a success. ;) In the afternoon, we met Clay & Mindi, Annie & Oliver, and Cortney & Tyler at Zupas for lunch, and then went and saw "Despicable Me 2".  From what I saw, it was a cute movie, but we have discovered that Gavin is officially in the age of NOT taking to the movie theater, so I was outside with him for some of it, and he will not be joining us again anytime soon in the movie theater. I'm looking forward to watching the movie start to finish when it comes out on DVD. After the movie, we went outside and enjoyed the live music while the kids played on the playground. The slide was so hot that one of the employees stood by and sprayed water down it so the kids could have a type of slip 'n' slide. They got soaked, but they had a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment