
Parker singing "I hope they call me on a Mission" to the library volunteer.

Riley hiding under the desk

Parker and Riley in front of the library with their completed reading sheets

Riley enjoying her free ice cream at Runza

I love the reading program in Lincoln. This year, Riley got to participate as well. Both Riley and Parker had to read (or be read to) for 10 hours, visit the library 4 times, and pick 10 activities from a list of available activities. One of the activities that Parker picked was to sing a song to a librarian or volunteer. He told me he was going to sing a song his Grammy taught him, but when we got to the library, he started singing, "I hope they call me on a mission". It was so cute! They received lots of coupons for free activities/food as a result of completing the reading program. Right after the library, we went and got their free ice cream cones. They were so excited!
They finished! We still have a ways to go. Hope we finish in time. Good job Parker and Riley!
ReplyDelete