Parker and Riley gave me a wonderful present for my birthday by sleeping in until 9 am. For kids that are usually up by 6:30 or 7:00 am, 9 was a great surprise. I started the day by going to the pool all by myself. It's exactly what I wanted. I'm hardly ever able to go to the pool and layout and read or listen to music, so I thoroughly enjoyed it! While I was at the pool, Cassidy took the kids to the Library to pick up my book club book and to get books for their summer reading program. In the afternoon, we drove to Ashland, Ne to go to the Wildlife Safari Park. We were able to drive through and look for Elk, white-tailed Deer, Bison, Eagles, Wolves etc. Parker was really into it, which made it even more enjoyable. There were a couple of designated areas to get out and hike. We just thought we would get out and do a little 1/4 mile hike, but we ended up doing the longest hike and were gone for at least an hour. We were glad to get back to the car! We met up with the Gregory's at Cold Stone, and then walked around Trader Joe's before returning home. We ended the evening by running in the rain because it started pouring while we were in Cold Stone. We got drenched, and it was the perfect ending to a great birthday! :)
Jojo the Bachelorette — Week 1
10 years ago
Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day! I am glad that you got to sleep in and lay out! Those both sound like relaxing great things to do on you big day! Miss ya and love ya!
ReplyDeleteTorrie, you are the cutest mom! You always have so many fun idea and keep your family so entertained. I am so glad you were able to grab a few moments to yourself!
ReplyDelete