This post really will be about our 4th of July festivities, but on a side note, I would like to mention that we just past the 1 year mark since our move to Nebraska July 1st. This year has flown by! In some ways, it feels like it was just a few months ago that we were preparing to move and getting settled in. In other ways, it feels like we've been here longer because we feel so comfortable here, and everything just seems so familiar. I can't say that I ever pictured myself living in Nebraska, but I have no doubt that it is the place for us to be. We truly love it here. And now on to our 4th of July...
We started out the 4th of July with going to a BBQ at the Gregory's, followed by playing some games outside. We then drove to Seward, Ne for a 4 pm Parade. This is supposedly the place to be in Nebraska for the 4th of July. I don't think it quite lived up to it's hype, but it was still a lot of fun. It was interesting to see the different types of people/organizations represented in the parade. The kids, of course, enjoyed getting candy thrown at them. We ended the evening by playing the Wii and watching fireworks. Apparently the kids were pretty exhausted from the days events, because they slept in until 9 am the next morning. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment