Saturday, February 12, 2011

Potty Party

Underwear Cake
So funny...Avery brought this as a present for Parker!
A pair of underwear for each child.

Pinata, Underwear cake, and party bags
Akoy came ready for the party...wearing his jean diaper!
Akoy and Avery showing off their lovely underwear party favors

So, I'm sure many of you are wondering what exactly does one do at an underwear party (a.k.a. potty party)? Well, there is an underwear cake, of course, and there has to be a pinata. It wouldn't be complete without toilet paper on the wall, and underwear on the head.
We've been going at our second attempt at potty training Parker for 6 months straight. We finally told him that if he went 7 days in a row with no accidents, then he could have a potty party. So far, it has been almost 3 weeks, and we had his party yesterday. So, for those of you thinking that we are ridiculous for throwing a potty party for our son, I would say that you are absolutely right. However, I would also say that it worked! I don't want to brag or anything, but the guests in attendance said this was the best underwear party they had ever been to! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I think it's GREAT. You are a good mom and super creative at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes things that are ridiculous are the best. That's what I tell myself anyway, since I am frequently ridiculous.

    We had a great time, and Hallie loves her Minnie panties. She has already worn them, in fact. I hope that's not too much info.

    ReplyDelete