Saturday, February 26, 2011

Parker the Pirate

For Joy School last Friday, they did the letter "P". When I went to pick up Parker, he was wearing a homemade pirate hat with an eye patch and sword. Since Parker kept referring to the items as "mine" whenever any other child tried to play with them, I assumed that they had made them for the Joy School that day. Well, I was wrong. They had actually made a duck pond, and the pirate attire belonged to an older brother of one of the kids in Parker's class. Parker was so attached to these pirate items, and we were leaving in a few short hours for St. Louis, so I really couldn't do much about it. We finally made a deal that we would make pirate things on Monday after our trip. So, I went to the store Monday, not really knowing what I was looking for besides black poster board. I thought I would check out the party goods section in Walmart to see if they had anything good, and lo and behold, there was a bag labeled "pirate kit" with 4 earrings and 4 eye patches. So there you have it. That is why Parker is constantly wearing a pirate hat and patch and carrying around an orange play screwdriver (his "knife"). I now have one happy little boy, not to mention basically the cutest pirate ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment