These two cute friends picked up right where they had left off...you would never know they hadn't seen each other in a year.
Cassidy with Gavin and Ari
Riley holding Tess
Isaac, Gabby, Ephraim, Riley, Parker, and Gavin
Aunt Jamie with Gavin...he wanted to be by her side the whole weekend and kept calling her "Mom"!"Uncle Cassideedee" with Lily
Breakfast time at the Hotel
Visiting the Temple after church on Sunday
"The Wizard of Oz"...Amazing!
Our best attempt at a cousins picture for Grandma...Sorry Grandma!
Parker with Tess & Ari.
Another trip to St. George in the books for us. This time we met Jeff, Jamie and their girls for the weekend. We met Friday night at the Tuacahn to see "The Wizard of Oz". Another amazing show! With the late night, time change and blackout curtains in our hotel room, we slept until past 9; that is virtually unheard of in our house! In fact, I wouldn't even be able to tell you the last time we slept in until 8. Needless to say, it was wonderful! We got up, ate breakfast, and headed to the pool. The Rainey's met us at the pool, and it was so fun to be able to catch up a bit, and have the kids play together. I wish I had taken more pictures. They had such a fun time together! It was really cute to see all 4 of the older kids holding hands and jumping into the pool together over and over. After swimming, we went across the street to "Brick Oven". Despite being close to one for many years, Cassidy and I had never actually eaten there and I have always wanted to. We enjoyed splitting a few pizzas and going to the salad bar. It was good! After lunch, the boys took all of the kids back to the Hotel for naps and/or a movie while Jamie and I went shopping at the outlets. Two solid hours of shopping without kids! :) After shopping, we went "hiking". It was actually a really cool place. I wish I could remember the name of it. Parker and I went up pretty high, and it gave us a beautiful view of the St. George, including the Temple. We went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner (Can you believe there is no Chick-Fil-A in Las Vegas??). After getting the kids down at the hotel, we met Jamie and Jeff in the lobby and played cards for a couple of hours. It was so fun!
On Sunday, we went to church at the same chapel across the street from the Temple that we had gone to last time (and basically anytime that we go to St. George), and walked around the Temple grounds after Sacrament meeting. We tried to get pictures of the cousins together at the Temple, but the kids were just not having it! We went to lunch at Cafe Rio, and then it was time to say goodbye to Jamie and Jeff. From St. George, we drove to Beaver to meet up with Cassidy's Mom to drop the kids off to her so they could stay with her for the week while I went to Girls Camp. I lost it on the way home when I turned around in the van to see a big, quiet, empty back seat. It was so hard leaving them! We had a fun weekend, and as much as I missed them, I'm so grateful the kids were able to get some time with Grammy and their cousins!








No comments:
Post a Comment