Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dance Class




Riley: 4th from the left, in hot pink



Riley: 4th from the left, in black & purple

Riley received dance classes from Santa this year for Christmas, along with a couple of new leotards, and ballet and tap shoes.  She was really excited to start dance until she realized there is a gymnastics class across the hall going on at the same time.  She longingly looks over at all the fun equipment and wants to be able to run around in there.  I was all for switching her until I heard her reasoning...dance is too hard.  I want to teach her that's it's not okay to quit something just because it might be hard at first, and also that she can do hard things.  She really has already improved so much(of course I am writing this post in March, and not really in Jan). So, we are sticking with dance through the end of May until the recital, and then she is free to choose from there.  I think she will probably choose t-ball.  Despite what she says, she actually really does enjoy it and looks forward to it each week.  She seems to be in a phase of opposition right now, which includes saying she dislikes something even when she obviously doesn't.  For example, we have seen the movie "Frozen" many times, she went to a "Frozen" themed birthday party, she know all the songs and sings songs from it ALL the time around the house and in the car.  Even with all that she will say, "I don't like Frozen".  Ha! She does really well during the dance class, listening intently to her teacher, Ms. Eva, and watching and imitating the dance steps she does, and Riley is always really excited to get her hand stamped at the end of class. I enjoy watching her excitement and seeing how she improves each week.

1 comment:

  1. She looks like she enjoys it. Good job not letting her give up! We just put akoy in gymnastics. Too bad we don't live by each other!

    ReplyDelete