Saturday, September 22, 2012

Superhero Training Camp


The invitation
The capes (check out Gavin's tiny one hanging in the middle!)
Zap! Pow! Bam! Cupcakes :)
Superheros lining up to go outside



Challenge #1: Tunnel Crawl + Ring of Fire


Ha- Love this picture of Cole! He definitely has what it takes to be a Superhero (or a wizard)!
Challenge #2: Mighty Muscles

Challenge #3: Bat Cave
Success!
Parker braved the Bat Cave to get the "kryptonite" (a.k.a. glow sticks)
 Challenge #4: Super Speed
Challenge #5: Take down the Villains
Kara bringing in the big guns...
Yay!
Mad dash for candy :)
Opening presents

Singing "Happy Birthday" to the birthday boy!
And of course, Gavin had to have his very own cape and mask as well!
What a fun, chaotic party--18 kids in all (including Gavin)! We started off by having the kids decorate treat bags and coming up with their Superhero name and power.  We then passed out the masks and capes in preparation for completing the Superhero training camp. Thanks to Mickelle for convincing me that the letters needed to be sewed on, and then for doing it for me. ;)  Once all of the kids had their masks and capes on, we went outside.  It was so cute watching all of the kids walk outside with their masks on, and their capes blowing behind them! (It was a windy day) We divided the kids into 2 separate age groups; Under 5, and 5 & older.  Each group completed 5 different challenges: Tunnel crawl + Ring of Fire, Mighty Muscles, Bat Cave, Super speed, and Take down the Villains. I think everyone had a great time, and that Parker felt special that day.  Apparently the villains got into our apartment while we were finishing up, so we had to hurry and run inside to complete challenge #5 of taking down the villains (by beating the pinata )  Cassidy informed me afterwards that I put too much stuff in the pinata, but I don't think the kids minded. ;) After the pinata, we opened presents and ate cake.  I'm glad it's over with, but I enjoyed every moment of it!

2 comments:

  1. You always throw the cutest parties!! I am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torrie, you are amazing! What a fun party, I wish I really could have come!

    ReplyDelete