Saturday, September 22, 2012

Parker's Birthday

The Birthday Boy!
Confetti Birthday Pancakes for Breakfast (basically cake for breakfast...good things birthdays are only once a year ;))
Greyson, Kaden, Gavin, Parker and Riley enjoying their pancakes





For Parker's Birthday, Caryn (and Vea) brought Greyson and Kaden down for the weekend.  They got here early afternoon on Friday, and then Cassidy drove them back home Sunday afternoon. I am so glad that we live close enough to family to be able to do things like this.  The kids had a great time running around and playing together.  On Saturday, Cassidy took Greyson, Riley and Parker to Parker's soccer game while Kaden, Gavin and I stayed home to get ready for the party. One tricky thing about the weekend was that we don't have a vehicle large enough to accomodate everyone, so we had to go to places in shifts. :) After the party (separate post) I took Greyson, Kaden and Parker to Chuck E. Cheeses.  Parker had gotten 20 free tokens for his birthday, and Greyson had 20 free tokens for his 1/2 birthday, so I split all 40 tokens between all 3 boys.  I played Parker's first game with him, and when we finished I went to find Kaden.  I noticed that his little bucket of tokens was gone. So, I said,"Kaden, where are your tokens?" to which he replied, "they all gone" 13 tokens?!  He had just gone up to a machine and put token after token in (not bothering to actually play the game in between tokens) and used all 13 of his tokens in probably about a min. Ha! I had obviously planned on those 13 tokens being able to entertain him for slightly longer than that. ;) Luckily, he didn't seem to mind too much and continued wandering from machine to machine, occasionally climbing onto seats as if he actually were playing.  Parker and Greyson, on the other hand, would walk around looking at all of the different machines, carefully deciding where they wanted to spend their tokens.  They had a fun time gathering their tickets and picking out their prizes.
I hope Parker had a fun birthday! I can't believe he is 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment