Riley has chosen to take her sweet time when it comes to walking. Somewhere along the way, she caught on to walking on her knees, and became quite skilled in doing so. It didn't take her long to learn that she could get to where she wanted to on knees much faster than by any other method, including her feet. When it became apparent that she would be a late walker, I told myself that I would not start to worry until she turned 18 months. Well, on her 18 month birthday, Riley started walking around on her own. Prior to that date, she would start to walk if I placed her on her feet, but she had never stood up to something and then started walking from there, and her main mode of transportation was still her knees. So, she officially started walking last Tuesday, April 19th at 18 months. I think she must have known that I would have struggled going to her Dr. appointment that day and admitting to the Dr. that she STILL wasn't walking. So, Yay for Riley! (By the way, her weight at 18 months is 25 lbs. 7 oz)
I can't believe how much Riley has grown up! She isn't an infant anymore...she is a full fledged toddler, and a cute one! I miss all of you!
ReplyDeleteamen mom! Great videos! I love seeing them!
ReplyDelete