I must warn you that I feeling particlarly emotional and contemplative at the current moment. I probably should not be allowed to blog in such a state, but since Parker is the only one here with me, it seems as if I can not be stopped. In my current emotional state, I choose to talk about none other than....racquetball :) I have been in a racquetball league since the beginning of January. After missing a couple of weeks, (you wouldn't think so, but there are so many things that happen on tuesdays nights!) I realized just how much I have enjoyed it. Despite being the only girl, the only person under the age of 30, and quite possibly the worst player there, nobody cares. They give me pointers, they ask to play with me, and they even let me get a point now and then. I can tell that I have definitely improved, mostly due to the fact that they took the time to tell me what I was doing wrong, and I what I can do to fix it. Don't get me wrong, most of the games that I play still end something to the effect of 3-15, but my techniques have improved and I love it. With mixed emotions, I have to admit that I am now one of those goggle wearing players. (I thought about posting some pictures, but then quickly decided against it) Make fun of me if you'd like, but in my defense, if you had balls coming at you at high speeds, you would want to protect your eyes as well. I am sad that the league will be coming to a close at the end of this month.
Post pictures of you in goggles! Come on! We all need a little humor. P.s. I'm thinking about you a lot today. Everything is going to be okay. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI would love to see the pictures of you in goggles. I think you are very brave to play. I stay away from sports...they make me feel uncoordinated! (Maybe because I am?) WE LOVE YOU and are thinking about you guys! I can't begin to imagine how you feel right now! If you need someone to talk to (other than Parker) give me a call!
ReplyDeleteTorrie you are so cool! I didn't know those details about your raquet ball league. The picture in my mind is awesome!
ReplyDelete