Monday, March 25, 2013

Potty Party




 Michael, Cole, Lily, Dane, Riley, Lydia and Akoy
 Riley and Lily
 Akoy and Michael
 Mickelle giving Riley a "present". (Hexbug happy meal toy). Riley loved it!

Princess Riley with her happy meal toy crown

Well, it seems we've started something, I'm afraid.  Riley was having a hard time potty training.  She would get it and do great for a couple of weeks and we would think "this is it", and then things would go downhill very quickly.  This happened over and over again. So frustrating!! I was fighting using the potty party bribe.  I did not want that to become our "thing".  Finally, after trying just about everything else, we told her if she could be accident free for a week, she could invite 4 friends to McDonald's for her party.  Well, she did it, and we enjoyed a fun time eating happy meals and playing in the play area with friends.  I am amazed by those who are able to potty train their kids in a week, or even a weekend.  So far, we are averaging about a year! I am praying that Gavin is much easier. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment