Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dr. Seuss Day

   "Read across America" storytime at Target


 Coloring at the Library


Cat in the Hat night at the Gere Library

 Making Hats for Cat in the Hat (Strawberries and Marshmallows)
 Ta-Da!
 Thing 1 (Parker) and Thing 2 (Riley)
 Cake Batter Pancakes
The Lorax...I love these mustaches! I wish I had remembered to bring them when we actually went and saw "The Lorax".

We tried to do some fun things in celebration of Dr. Seuss Day on March 2.  We started the week before by going to Target for their "Read Across America".  They had storytime and goody bags for the kids.  A couple days later, we went to the library for our FHE activity to do crafts, meet with the Cat in the Hat, and have a storytime.   Other than that, we just incorporated Dr. Seuss themed stories, crafts, food and movies throughout the week.  I'm pretty sure Cassidy thought I was crazy, especially when I made birthday pancakes for breakfast (really I saw these on pinterest months ago and have been wanting to try them, but the kids' birthdays aren't for awhile), but the kids enjoyed it and it always seems easier for me to plan crafts, etc for the kids when I have a theme to go off of. 

1 comment:

  1. Torrie you are amazing! What cute things you did with your kids!~Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete