This was so fun; I am so glad that I ran this one! We left around 4:15 am to make the 1 1/2 hour drive to Grand Island. We had plenty of time to pick up our packets, eat, walk around etc. There weren't as many people as I thought there would be, but it was fun none the less. I loved the course. It was 6.5 miles one way, then a turn around with the exact same run for the way back. I didn't think that I would like that, but it was a great boost for me mentally knowing that I was half way done and on my way back. "Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae got me through the race. Best running song ever! It started sprinkling with maybe 1/2 a mile to go, and then started pouring about 5 minutes after I finished. So glad I didn't have to run in the cold rain! Best of all, I had no idea what time it was or how long I had been running, but when I crossed the finish line, I was so excited to see that I had ran it in 1:45. :)
Nice shirt!
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous you guys did this, I'm glad you had fun! Maybe someday...
ReplyDeleteTorrie that is great time! I am glad you enjoyed the course. You look awesome!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What a great time!
ReplyDelete