Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Birthday Party

Mickey Mouse Party
His requested pancake dinner

Mickey Mouse Cake
Blowing out the candle
Even though Parker's Birthday isn't until Wednesday, we decided to have his party this past Sunday while still at my parent's house. We asked Parker each day for a week what he wanted for his birthday dinner, and every day we got the same response of pancakes. We weren't super thrilled that that's what he had chosen, but we made the most of it and added lots of fruit, fruit dip, egg casserole, bacon, sausage, and sausage balls. Well, when it came time to sit down and eat, Parker wanted nothing to do with his dinner at all. I guess he was just too distracted with everything that was going on. Then, it was onto presents. Opening presents must seem a little confusing for kids. They get a new toy, and are then forced to put it down and open another toy, which they also have to put down to open yet another gift which they won't be able to play with yet either. Why keep opening more when I just barely got this toy and I want to play with it right now? This was the case for Parker. I practically had to force him to open all of his presents. This concept could work out well for me. Next year I'll just get him one gift! After dinner and presents, he had a great time playing on the driveway with his new remote control car. When cake was served, he finally ate his dinner and then was able to have his Mickey cake. I think he had a fun night. We'll do some more celebrating tomorrow, his actual birthday, when we're back in Nebraska with Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment