Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Tradition!

So, yesterday afternoon, as I was looking on the computer for fun and FREE entertainment, I discovered that there are a fair amount of places that hold special activites with discounted rates the first monday of every month. Cassidy and I decided that we would designate the FHE activity on that monday to going out somewhere exciting as a family. With yesterday being the first monday, I didn't want to break our tradition before it even had a chance to get started. Unfortunately, most of these spectacular events are around the Salt Lake area, so it was a little difficult to get something together so quickly. We ended up going to the Springville Museum of Art, which I realize doesn't sound very exciting. We chose that for many reasons, the main ones being that we had never been there before, and I am required to go to and write about a cultural event for one of my classes this semester. We were also under the impression that Parker would be able to do a craft while there, but we realized that it might be a little out of his range when it involved printing and cutting, and when all of the other kids were at least 5. Oh well. We had a fun time together and it actually was quite a nice place. (Cassidy has already mentioned maybe going back one day) We're obviously excited about this new tradition... Next month, 50% off tickets at the aquarium!

No comments:

Post a Comment