Thursday, January 22, 2009

Car issues...

So, Tuesday night I was coming home from my racquetball league (more about that later) driving our trusty, dependable Ford, when power in the car slowly started to turn off. First, the battery light came on, which is enough cause for concern in and of itself. Then, the radio turned off, followed by the headlights and finally the engine. Thankfully, I had arrived in our parking lot by the time the final step occurred, and Cassidy came out and helped me get into a spot. Wednesday we had to do some tricky maneuvering to get everyone where they needed to be at the time that they needed to be there. We were able to enjoy quality family bonding time around 5:45am while Cassidy and Parker drove me to work. That afternoon, Cassidy took a half day from work to get things figured out. It was quite the adventure getting the car from our apartment to Autozone to check the battery and alternator. It involved getting out and pushing across a fairly large intersection on 800 north. I wish that I had a picture to post of Cassidy and the nice stranger running with the car, but a) I didn't have my camera with me, and b) I felt it might be a tad inappropriate. Once we actually arrived at Autozone, they were pretty much no help at all which made us question why we had put so much effort into getting there in the first place. Thankfully, Cassidy's dad had the night free and was able and willing to come down to help Cassidy replace the alternator. Three hours and $250 later, the car is running again. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Why is this such a familiar story? Oh, yeah, because our car died on Monday. Luckily, ours was just the battery. I feel your pain, but I am happy that we didn't have to push our car to autozone. That put such a hysterical (and sad) picture in my head. I hope it keeps running.

    ReplyDelete