Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Our Elf, Lincoln

Lincoln thought he would finish decorating the tree for us!
Late night sack races with friends
Parker slept in the playroom one night, so Lincoln slept in Parker's bed.  It took the kids forever to find him in the morning! When they finally did, they thought it was so funny that the Elf was in Parker's bed.
Next time you have a brilliant idea, Lincoln, How about it not involve so much work on my part!  The kids loved these gingerbread men, and we had so many, that we took some to Riley's school to share.
Sneaking into the teacher presents in the Trader Joe's bag
Hot Chocolate, Please?!?

With two separate trips during the month of December, I actually was not going to even bother with the "Elf on the Shelf" this year.  I just didn't want to worry about explaining why he hadn't followed us to Disneyland or Grammy's house, and I certainly didn't want to bring him and have to come up with clever ideas after long days at Disney.  A few days into December, however, Parker started asked me when our Elf was going to come.  I didn't even think he would remember or care! So, our Elf made an appearance the following morning, and the kids had a fun time looking for Lincoln each morning.  Even better, Lincoln did not come to CA or UT with us, and the kids never even questioned it or mentioned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment