Sporting his new Superman bath towel from Grandma and Grandpa Williams
He LOVED being sung to!
Big brother and big sister helping Gavin eat his birthday sundae
"Look at all these things just for me"!
Taking his new doggie for a walk. This has been one of his favorite toys!
His Birthday dinner: homemade Mac & Cheese, Dino Nuggets and Carrots
Dinosaur CakeWith Gavin's Birthday falling on a Sunday this year, we decided to do the majority of the celebrating the Saturday before. We started the morning with our traditional confetti pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles and fruit. We paused the celebrating for a few hours while Cassidy went into work, and I went to the gym and then took Parker to football practice. We met up with Cassidy for lunch at Applebee's. We weren't in a hurry, but good grief, our waitress was moving at a snail's pace. We were a little nervous when the kids were served their food before Cassidy and I had even ordered our food! Luckily, the kids stayed somewhat entertained while Cassidy and I tried to scarf down our food when it finally arrived. They brought out a sundae for Gavin and sang to him. He had the biggest grin on his face. He loved it! Luckily, he didn't mind sharing with his big brother and big sister. After lunch, we went to "The Dinosaur Park". Riley and Gavin had a fun time digging in the sand for dinosaur fossils, while Gavin had a great time going down the slides, playing in the dinosaur eggs, and running from the water. Since we had had a late lunch, and weren't really hungry for his birthday dinner, we decided to wait and have his birthday dinner and dinosaur cake (along with most his presents) the following day on his actual birthday. We ended Saturday with watching "Walking with Dinosaurs. (Can you see the theme going on here?!?) He loves Dinosaurs, although since his birthday I've discovered that he quite possibly loves Elmo more. Not sure where that came from?? Not that I have anything against Elmo, but I'm pretty sure none of my kids have ever even seen Sesame Street.
A few things about Gavin at this age that I want to remember:
He is seriously such a happy guy!
He loves holding hands with either Cassidy or I when we are walking; he will grunt and extend his hand to us until we hold his hand.
He loves going to get the mail with me
He received "Planes" slippers for Valentine's Day and he loves wearing them. He will open his closet, bring them to me and sit down so I can put them on him.
He loves his blankets!
We just love this little guy to pieces! He is so sweet and so funny, and such a little charmer!
Happy Birthday Gavin!!










No comments:
Post a Comment