Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving trip to Utah

Mini family fun run

 Kid's table
 Group at Jamie and Jeff's house

 Sleepover with cousin Lily
 Parker playing Monopoly with Brooke and McKinley
 Watching "Frozen". Loved it!!



 Checking the "Nice List"
 Thrilled that he made the list!

 Kisses under the mistletoe
 Gavin playing with Uncle KC


Exploring at Cove Fort

We had such a great trip to Utah for Thanksgiving.  We left Wednesday afternoon, arriving late that night.  We stayed at Clay and Mindi's, although they had gone to Idaho for the holiday.  Thanksgiving morning, we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, made pumpkin trifle and cheesy carrots, had a mini family fun run, and I managed to squeeze in a 5 mile run.  After getting ready, we headed up to Jamie and Jeff's house for the big feast. The food was delicious!  There was a cute little table set up for the kids in the front room where they could enjoy their own little dinner, while the adults ate in the kitchen.  That night, I made the mistake of "letting" Cassidy head to Walmart on his own.  What harm could be done, right?? He came back with about EIGHTEEN movies! Ha, definitely not what I would have chosen to spend our money on.  In his defense, I will say that they were all amazing deals, and he got all 18 for around $60. After he got back, we both went out to Target to check out the deals.  I had wanted to get pajamas for the kids, but they were all pretty picked over.  We did end up finding a couple of games and a toy for Gavin, so it wasn't a total loss.  I don't get super into Black Friday, but I do enjoy being a part of it.  Even though we weren't looking for anything specific (except pi's), I still enjoy the experience of it. The day after Thanksgiving, we headed down to Orem to spend the day with Cassidy's family.  We went with everyone to see "Frozen".  Such a good movie! Cassidy bought the soundtrack before our drive home, and we listened to it the whole way home. After the movie, we went back to Julie's house and ate and played games with everyone.  Parker and Riley stayed at Grammy's and had a sleepover with some of their cousins.  I'm glad that they had that experience, and it was also really nice for Cassidy and I to have some time with just Gavin. We met up with the sleepover group for lunch at McDonald's the following day.  Afterwards, we headed to Gardner Village to meet up with KC, Tiffany and their boys.  We had a fun time looking for elves, enjoying our treats, checking the nice list, and watching the boys go on pony rides.  Cassidy's Aunt Kimberly was there as well with her kids, so we had quite the little group.
That night, we had 2 girls from my sisters neighborhood come over to watch all 6 kids while we all went on a double date to see "Hunger Games". I loved it! Two amazing movies back to back! We hardly ever even go to that theater, but what is Thanksgiving if not family, food and movies, right?? We spent the night at my sisters, then headed for home the next day.  It was really nice to not be in a rush on our way home.  We took our time, stopping in Cove Fort on the way and taking a tour, then stopping in St. George for dinner at Cafe Rio.  It was a great trip; the perfect length.

No comments:

Post a Comment