Double Date Night:
Playing "Speed of Light"
Bryson taking a turn (with some help from Mickelle)
Cassidy won 150 tickets on one turn in this game! I, on the other hand, was not so good... ;)
Bryson won both games
Mickelle bowling
Valentine's Day:
Valentine's morning
Playgroup Party:
Enjoying his sugar cookie :)
Riley's pink cookie complete with M&M's
Honey sticks "Sweet on you, Valentine! XOXO -Riley"
All done
Thanks for the card, Grandma! It tastes yummy! Don't I look handsome in my new shirt??
The yummy dinner Cassidy prepared for us: Beef and Broccoli, Orange Chicken and Fried Rice
We had a great Holiday! It started the weekend before with us going on a double date with our good friends, Bryson and Mickelle. We usually swap babysitting, so we never actually get to go out together without the kids. We went to a place we had never tried before, "Fireworks". I thought it was really good, and loved my meal and their cornbread. After dinner, we went to Champions Fun Center and played arcade games while we waited for a bowling lane to become available. Pretty funny that one of our rare nights away from the kids and we chose to do exactly what they would want to be doing! We ended up getting a fair amount of tickets and were able to bring home some fun toys for them which they loved! We then bowled a couple of games. I actually did better than I thought I would, but still never managed to break 100. Ha! We ended the night with Angel Food Cake and Ice Cream at the Gregory's apartment.
For Valentine's Day, I had wanted to fix a special breakfast. For some reason, I feel like there need to be heart shaped pancakes on Valentine's Day. I had to shake that feeling because I knew that what the kids would love best would be the mini boxes of cereal which were extras from Parker's Valentines to his classmates. So, we had cereal for breakfast, and the kids were thrilled! (Not that we don't usually have cereal for breakfast, but apparently these were special because they were mini and they were applejacks) I did make pink smoothies which the kids unsuccessfully attempted to drink through twizzler straws.
After getting Parker off to school, Riley, Gavin and I went to the church for a Valentines Playgroup Party. Riley enjoyed a candy walk, decorating a cookie, making a heart hat, decorating her Valentines bag, making jewelry with beads and pipe cleaners, and of course, passing out her Valentines. There was a pretty good turn out and it was so fun to be able to visit and to exchange Valentines with friends.
Cassidy was able to be home most of the day, so it was so nice to be able to spend that time with him. Actually, he cleaned the house while the kids and I were at the party, and even had a little present waiting for me!
Parker and Riley have swim lessons at the YMCA every Thursday, so I took them there and then went to work out. When we got home, Cassidy had fixed a delicious dinner of Beef and Broccoli, Orange Chicken and Fried Rice. It was so good! It really was a great day. I loved having our date night the weekend before and being able to focus on our family on Valentines Day. Not to mention, avoiding the crowds! Does that make me sound old?! I think that may just need to be our tradition from here on out.












No comments:
Post a Comment