Monday, May 17, 2010

Uh...happy birthday to me??

So, my birthday actually isn't for quite some time, but I've already gotten a big birthday surprise. This past friday, my father-in-law, Clay and his wife, Mindi surprised me with a concert by Jon Schmidt at the Desert Star. Turns out that Clay, like Cassidy, is unable to keep surprises until the actual occassion, so I was aware that something was happening in honor of my birthday on friday, I just didn't know what. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical as we pulled into the Desert Star parking lot, but as we sat down to dinner and I saw the piano as the main fixture on the stage, it began to come together for me. The reasoning behind the early present was a) we will no longer be in Utah when my birthday comes around, and b) Jon Schmidt was only performing for two days. It was a wonderful surprise! To say that I enjoy the music of Jon Schmidt would be a bit of an understatement. I absolutely love it! It probably has something to do with the fact that his songs could often be heard in our home growing up being played by either one of my brothers. I even tried my hand at a few of them and performed them at a talent show, a school awards program, and a church function. Even though I have seen him perform before at various events, this was only the second concert that I have seen of his. He is so entertaining to watch, and we had such a fun time!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to drop a comment and say Hi. I am Bryson Gregory's wife. It looks like we will both be going out to Nebraska! :) My husband found your blog I think through facebook. It's fun to see your cute family! If you want to check out our blog it is brysonmickellegregory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete