Saturday, December 5, 2009

Riley's Hospital stay at Primary's Children Hospital







 Too cold! Who took my blanket?!?




I don't really know where to start or what to say about our little adventure with miss Riley, so I just thought I would share some pictures of her. She is getting better!

Revised: March 4, 2014

Over 4 years later, and I feel like I'm finally able to write down the details about that awful day at the mall, the worst day of my life.  Even now, as I type this and think about it, all of those emotions come rushing back, but then I see my happy, energetic, opinionated 4 ½ yr old Riley, and know that everything worked out and that we have been blessed beyond measure.

It was Black Friday, and we had plans on going to the University Mall to see Santa arrive in a helicopter, and to be able to visit with Santa.  Cassidy and I had arrived with Riley and our nephew, James.  Parker would arrive a little bit later with Grammy.  After seeing Santa arrive in the helicopter, and after participating in some of the outside games/activities, we ventured into the mall to get in line to see Santa.  It was a pretty long line, so we waited for quite some time, and were later joined by Grammy, Brooke and Parker, and Tiffany, Ryan and Paige. When it was finally our turn to see Santa, I opted to not take 5 wk old Riley out because I didn't want to risk her sitting on Santa's lap where some many kids had been and getting her sick. Oh, the irony...

After visiting with Santa, Cassidy had to leave for work at Costco, while we went along with the rest of the family to the food court to get some lunch.

6 comments:

  1. Torrie--we have been on the edge of our seats, getting updates through my parents, from your Mom about little Riley. What a brave Mom you are. We hope you'll all be home soon. Know there have been lots of thoughts and prayers coming from our neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you guys. We are so incredibly grateful that little Riley is doing better. She looks so adorable in all of these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is adorable!!!! Love that little bow. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so glad that your adorable Riley is getting better. Our prayers are still with your family. We miss you and love you! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been saying so many prayers for all of you and our miracle baby, Riley! I'm so thrilled with her progress. You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would love it if you could update your blog to have our new blog address on it:

    www.beachbumsdwnunder.blogspot.com

    when you get a chance. Hope Riley is well.

    ReplyDelete